Friday, October 11, 2013

The Hills Are Alive . . .

It's Fall Break time, ladies and gentlemen!


Not quite as sexy as Spring Break I will admit, but I'm hoping this year it will get the attention it deserves.


"Wait a minute,"  I picture you purring languidly, whilst polishing the gilding on my sedan chair.   "Break?  Didn't you just start your new job?"


Why yes I did.  A few weeks ago.


"And didn't you just go to Dubai last weekend?"


That also happened, my dear.  There were penguins, classy dinners in the Marina, and $15 beers.


"And you have a holiday already?"


Yup.


"Oh."


And guess what?


"What?"  You sigh, as the sweat gathers so quaintly across the front of your custom made Inebriation cravat.


I'm going to Vienna!




You son of a bitch.



Wait, wait, let me explain.


There is no time.  Let me summarize.


Great movie.


Anyways, Eid will soon be upon us, dear, frothy inhabitants of The Rage Cage.  What is Eid, you ask?  Well, some sort of religious festival/holiday/feast day.  This particular one is called Eid al-Adha which means "The Festival of the Sacrifice" and apparently involves copious amounts of real time animal butchering, cooking, and eating.  Not being a religious sort except when it involves worshiping at the alter of my own crestfallen abs, I do not know much about it, but as of a few days ago I was planning to stay around in Cairo and see what it was like on the ground, as it were.


Most of my co workers have been urging me to leave mainly because, due to the amount of animals killed in the streets for the festival, ankle deep rivers of blood are supposedly not unheard of.  Why anyone who is familiar with my musical background would think this would dissuade me, however, is anyone's guess.  I also thought it would have been a good time to finally live my dream of recreating the album cover from Billy Joel's best record.


 Uptown Girl for life.



But following one protest and neighborhood RPG attack too many, I decided discretion might be the better part of valor. Many kind folks suggested flying into Vienna.  Direct flight, cheap tickets, nice castles, and all that.  People talked about some sort of musical that was filmed there, and apparently they have opera and the Danube and foliage or whatever, but what really sold me was one picture.


I Googled "awesome things to do in Vienna", and this photo came up:








See y'all in a week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment